I highly recommend

>> Monday, February 28, 2011

1. watching "Waiting for Superman." Depressing, inspiring, and a kick in the pants all in one. For the sake of future generations, if nothing else, be knowledgeable.

2. looking for that time in the month(s?) when the moon is huge, full, hangs low in the sky and looks ORANGE. I gawk at this whenever I get the chance. I don't think this ever happened in California? Maybe it did and I was too absorbed in the florescent library lights to notice. God is a craftsman. Keep your eyes peeled for it.

3. 75 degree weather. My dreams of living in Seattle are fading fast (maybe) when I realize how these patches of warm, sunny weather literally make my day/mood. Few things are better than driving at dusk, in shorts, with the windows down, singing along to the Goo Goo Dolls.

4. a record player. So trendy, I know... But I danced my way through childhood to the tune of "Baby you can drive my car" and "Back in the U.S.S.R" played from one. My dad bought it in college and it still runs like gold. I've been thrifting to try and gather more records for my-soon-to-be collection.

5. patience/handling situations with grace. How many times are we told to "wait on the Lord" in Scripture? No idea, but it sure seems like a lot. a. Impatience is clearly our natural tendency and b. it is important to wait-- good can and will come from it. God is in the process of reeling in my natural nature and teaching me a new, patient one. He also reminded me that you will never regret handling situations with grace.

Post a Comment